Don't walk away from a potential home because the kitchen cabinet space is too limited. This DIY kitchen pegboard storage wall will put everything from big pots to tiny doodads in its own place.
- 2' x 4' pegboard – 1 each
- 1" x 2"x 47" strip board – 2 each
- Brass wood screws – 6 each
- Wall anchors with matching screws (15-20lbs) - 6 each
- Paint *use leftover paint from a previous project
- Paint roller, tray
- Tape measure
- Pegboard hardware
1. Lay out materials
2. Paint pegboard using a foam roller. Allow to dry.
3. Mark the top and sides of the approximate area where you'd like to hang your pegboard
4. Measure a 47" width where you'd like the top of your pegboard to rest. Using a level, draw a 47" straight line.
5. Turn the level vertically and align it with the drawn line. Measure 23" down from the top line and mark. Repeat on the other side. Align level with two bottom marks and draw a straight line.
6. Using a ¼" drill bit, drill 3 holes in a piece of strip board –1 in the center, 1 on the right side and 1 on the left side – right and left holes both approximately 1" from the end and centered from the top and bottom. Repeat with second strip.
7. Align top of strip with the top line. Poke a pencil or a screw through each hole and mark the wall.
8. Drill holes in marked spots and insert wall anchors. Line up anchors with drilled holes in the board. Screw strip board to the wall, beginning with the center.
9. Align bottom of the second strip with the bottom line. Repeat steps above.
10. Align pegboard with wooden strips. Making sure it is level, screw pegboard to wood strips with brass screws – 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom.
Comments have been disabled.