What type of new years resolution do you have for your home? Come February I will be moving into a new place, so design and layout issues have been weighing heavy on my mind. Symmetry and balance can create for a very comfortable space, and while decor does not always have to come in pairs, it certainly helps maintain that feeling of symmetry.
Perfect symmetry can appear too organized for some - a more organic approach to balance can be a more attractive route for those who prefer not to work with pairs. What is your take?
Furniture, Accessory & Art Sources:
• 144 Empty Parking Lots by Jenny Odell from 20x200
• Twinkle Living Shadowlands Rug from Design Public
• Twig Lamp Collection - Silver from Z Gallerie
• Martini Side Table from West Elm
• Tema Kyoto 2 Tops Coffee Table from AllModern.com
• Woodwind 86h Four-Door Bookcase from Room & Board
• Mother & Child Pillow Gray and Black by Jonathan Adler
• Half Circle Pillow Gray and Black by Jonathan Adler
• Wild Colors Chocolate Cowhide from Rawhide Company
• Vitra Cork Stools from Design Public
• Rare Anfibio Sofa By Alessandro Becchi from 1stdibs
• Pair Of Art-deco Armchairs By Jindrich Halabala from 1stdibs
Paint Color: Behr's Frosted Juniper W-B-510 makes for a perfect blank space to align your decor in any arrangement.
lmage: Collage by Tyler Goodro of Plastolux