Although it stays behind closed doors when company comes over, there's no reason to neglect decorating the closet. And that doesn't mean spending thousands on custom Carrie Bradshaw-style lighted shelving. Treat your closet as you would any another room — consider paint colors, accessories, and even hanging artwork — and you just might find the closet is your favorite place in the house.
Here are 10 stunning and thoughtfully decorated walk-ins, reach-ins and coat closets to inspire:
- Classy Clutter's closet makeover. Idea to steal: A bright accent color that makes you want to leave the door open.
- Nina of Stylizmo's walk-in closet. Idea to steal: Tons of decorative accessories.
- Ursula of Carmona Home's coat closet. Idea to steal: A super up-high gallery wall.
- A Teen Girl's Closet on HGTV.com. Idea to steal: A closet color that coordinates with the bedroom it's attached to.
- Our Corner House's closet makeover. Idea to steal: The green! So bright and cheerful. Imagine this closet in basic beige and you see what a difference good color can make.
- Rachael Bishop Designs' master closet. Idea to steal: One oversized piece, like a giant round mirror.
- Moth Design's walk-in closet. Idea to steal: The framed shopping bags hung inside a closet cubby.
- Mia Pollard's Brooklyn closet makeover on Real Simple. Idea to steal: Leaving room in a reach-in for a small stool and vanity. How luxe!
- A walk-in from Something Like That Designs. Idea to steal: The percfectly-sized wall-to-wall rug to cover ugly carpet.
- An LA loft closet by Lori Dennis. Idea to steal: Wallpaper, all the way to the ceiling.