From Baltimore to Palm Springs, there are plenty of American hotels that are both gorgeously designed and great places to vacation. Here are 10 that we've been inspired by or loved staying at over the years.
Designers like Kelly Wearstler and LA's Commune have helmed some of these droolworthy interiors, while others have been labors of love by their owners. From super luxurious to laid-back, each of these hotels has a distinctive feel and fantastic, unique ideas.
1. 21c Museum Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. We especially enjoy that they rotate original art throughout the hotel.
2. The Bardessono in Yountville, California. Their tillandsia wall designed by Flora Grubb is clever and pretty.
3. The attention to detail at the Crosby Street Hotel in New York, New York.
4. The serenely-hued Kelly Wearstler-designed Tides Hotel in Miami, Florida.
5. The luxurious Hotel Monaco, inside the former historic Baltimore & Ohio Railroad building in Maryland.
6. The rustic modern bedrooms at Chicago's Longman & Eagle.
7. The Nines in Portland, Oregon, a stylish and sustainable hotel that boasts LEED Silver Certification.
8. The Hotel Havana in San Antonio, Texas, housed in a building that's listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
9. The artsy Hotel St. Cecilia in Austin, Texas, named for the patron saint of music and poetry.
10. The kilim rugs and macrame sculpture at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, California, part of the popular Ace Hotel chain.
Image Credits: 1-9: As linked above. 10. Douglas Lyle Thompson for Wallpaper.