• Semigood Design — Handcrafted in their Seattle factory, Semigoods Designs pieces that are everyday-functional but with heirloom quality craftsmanship.
• Dylan Design Co — If you've watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition you may know the name Tony Oliver. In addition to being the lead carpenter on the show, he's also a talented designer.
• Miles and May — Not only is their furniture incredibly handsome, everything by Miles and May is handcrafted from reclaimed and sustainably harvested woods in Geneva, New York.
• The Joinery — Based in Portland, Oregon, the folks at The Joinery take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of their furniture. Styles range from shaker to modern.
• Montauk — Of course handcrafted furniture is more than just woodworking. Canadian company Montauk makes beautiful high-end handmade upholstered furniture.
• Sawbridge Studios — This Chicago store stocks furniture and accessories handcrafted by artisans from around the country, making it possible to outfit an entire home with pieces designed by a range of craftspeople.
• Thrive Home Furnishings — The mid-century inspired furniture from Thrive is handcrafted in their Los Angeles factory.
• Tim Lewis — This Philadelphia based furniture and lighting designer has been on our radar since 2010. Trained craftsmen often produce rather staid pieces so Lewis' colorful furniture is a like a breath of fresh air.
• Vermont Wood Studios — As the name would suggest, this small furniture manufacturer is based in Vermont. Using sustainable resources, Vermont Wood's designs range from the traditional to more modern.
We want to hear from you, too. Who are some of your favorite handcrafted designers and retailers? Let us know in the comments below!
(Images: As credited above.)