When you live in a small space and your money isn't going towards filling up something larger, you have a greater chance to splurge once in awhile. As much as we love turning an old thrift store find into something new and personal, we still have a soft spot for great design, even if it comes with a higher price tag.Although we understand the phrase "big budget" really depends on the wallet in question, we're looking at items that would require most households to save for more than a month to purchase. Here's a few of our favorite finds, we left the door open for you to add your own at the end!
1. Kensington Leather Sofa: for $5,795 from Restoration Hardware. This sofa might be on the larger side, but we'd love to have it as a show piece, even if everything else in our space is pint-sized.
2. Case Study Alpine Bed: for $2,895 from DWR. Beds are beds and there's no making them smaller unless you're willing to sleep a little less comfortably. We love the lines of this rest nest and it makes an impact without taking up much space.
3. 18th Century Six-Light Chandelier: for $2,159 from Suffolk Designer Lighting. Every room needs 3 sources of light and we think this is a fun piece for overhead. It has personality and a bit of history!
4. Marrakesh Rug: for $1,995 from Jonathan Adler. To anchor the sofa we chose those bright and bold rug that makes a dramatic impact with it's pattern and texture.
5. Bean Desk: for $Email for price from DDC. Although we don't know how much this desk is, we usually abide by the rule that if we have to ask for a price... it's probably not too pocketbook friendly!
6. George Round Side Table: for $Email for price from Oly. Other tables of this size and design style run between $1,500-$2,000 so that's our ballpark guess for this piece. It has great legs and can work with a variety of styles when you decide to change things up.
7. Folk Portrait of a Bull: for $4,800 from 1stDibs. It's a signed piece and come on... it's a bull. I think we'll call him Samuel.
8. Ventura Round Extension Dining Table: for $2,299 from Room & Board. This table expands even further and if it doubles as the main workspace in the home, it's not a bad size. Use it as an office, kitchen prep space or just a place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee.
Do you have something on your "someday when I'm rich list" that didn't make ours? Make sure to leave us a link in the comments below!
(Image: As Linked Above)