A few days ago Sarah Coffey shared a plethora of amazing sources for truly stunning blankets and as much as we want a unique throw to snuggle up under, when it comes down to it — all it really needs to do is keep us warm and not break the bank. Here's 10 ways to get the look without spending as much as you did on your first car!
1. Pure Silk Throw: for $74.99 from Overstock. This blanket gives you the luxurious feel over pricier pieces without too much worry. Note: Based on reviews colors are slightly richer in person than in the photo.
2. Seed Stitch Quilt: for $58 at Urban Outfitters. Picking up a quilt gives you the size you might desire with a lower price. Queen size snuggle time anyone?
3. Luxury Plush Throw: for $39 from Restoration Hardware. We've owned this blanket for two years and it's still the most well used piece in our house. It goes straight in the washing machine and comes out 100% clean each and every time. You can't beat its super soft touch for this price! More colors!
4. Flag Knit Throw: for $68 from Urban Outfitters. We love a little patriotism, especially when it's in a funky color such as this.
5. Vintage Striped Crocheted Blanket: for $39.99 from Overstock. In case you don't have a family heirloom knit blanket floating around, this is a great one to pick up. It mixes things up and provides a great burst of pattern, texture and color in your space!
6. Chunky Knit Throw: for $79.99 from Martha Stewart at Macy's. Although the size on the website is incorrect, we urge you to check out this piece or some of Martha's other offerings at Macy's. They're all well priced (especially under current sale conditions) and would be a good time to stock up!
7. Berkshire Blanket: for $19.99 (on sale) from Macy's. Sometimes you're not into hand woven all natural materials and instead, really just want a bright teal or pink blanket. Well here's your chance at a small, small price.
8. Organic Herringbone Blanket: for $79-$99 from West Elm. Organic. Check. Classic Style. Check. Any size we want? Where do we sign?
9. Chunky Tassel Throw: for $69 from West Elm. This throw also doubles as a cat toy and really, it's all about keeping our 4-legged friends happy, right?
10. Buckley Organic Blanket: from CB2 for $39.95-$49.95 (on sale). This blanket is one of the largest out of all of the ones on our list. It hits 109" and even if it isn't thick or covered in fur or chunky knitting it can easily be doubled up and won't take up a ridiculous amount of space in your linen closet during the off season.
Images: as linked above