Forget spring cleaning, the time of year I seem to be the least organized is right here in the almost-autumn. As summer shifts into fall, I find that my closet stumbles into total chaos. Lazy summer weekends usually end in a mess of tank tops and shorts on the floor, and as the nights get cooler, I start dipping into winter storage boxes for a few sweatshirts and scarves that don't yet have a home in my seasonal wardrobe. If you're like me and need a little nudge to sort your closet, here are 10 projects that help make organizing easy and inexpensive.
- DIY Garment Rack, Smitten Studio
- IKEA Hack Shoe Organizer, Maria EMB (via Curbly)
- Daily Outfit Printables, Make Life Lovely
- Shower Ring Scarf Hanger, Spark and Chemistry
- Fabric Covered Storage Boxes, A Beautiful Mess
- Pegboard Closet Organizer, Martha Stewart
- DIY Rolling Shoe Trolley, I Always Pick the Thimble
- Clothespin Tights Organizer, Lana Red
- DIY Wooden Bungee Organizer, Brit + Co.
- DIY Closet Door Organizer, Lowes
And one more. this one won't help make your closet any more functional, but it will make it look a lot more beautiful...
(Image credits: Taryn Fiol; Smitten Studio; Maria EMB; Make Life Lovely; Spark and Chemistry; A Beautiful Mess; Martha Stewart; I Always Pick the Thimble; Lana Red; Brit + Co.; Lowes; The Sweet Escape)