Holiday dinners are a communal time of year when loved ones and friends get together to share their lives and their gratitude, usually over heaping serving dishes full of tasy foods. But don't forget about the delight of providing your guests their very own individual portion of food, and to do so, there's no better type of serving ware than a ramekin!
We haven't always known what ramekins were. Correction, we've always seen the cute little usually ceramic bowls perfect for individual portions of pot pies, crème brulee, cobblers and more, but just didn't know they were called a ramekin. Alternatively spelled ramequin, they're not only adorable and a fun element to add to any dinner, they're also incredibly fun to say.
Traditionally, ramekins are small, white, circular, made of ceramic and have fluted sides. But changing times mean changing ramekins, and you can find a number of different sizes, shapes and colors of these adorable kitchen and dining room must-haves. We've rounded up ten we just don't think we can live without (and it begs the question: how many ramekins are too many ramekins?). Use these fun ones for pops of color, conversation starters or for the perfect complement to the amazing food you'll be serving up these holidays:
1) Williams-Sonoma Mac and Cheese Ramekins set of 4 $36.95
2) Yelloware Individual Ramekins Set of Six $25
3) Fire King Amber Glass Ramekins Dish 2 for $15
4) Vintage Dynaware Pyr-O-Rey White Milk Glass Ramekins set of 6 $16
5) Royal Crown Paradise Ramekins Porcelain Ovenware 3 for $15
6) Vintage Green Pyrex Mini Pixie Serving Dishes set of 4 $20
7) Set of Six Hall Custard Cups with Steam Rack $20
8) Brown Glazed Stoneware Individual Ramekins set of 5 $16
9) Set of English Game Ramekins set of 6 $40
10) Williams-Sonoma Le Creuset Stoneware Ramekin $10 each
Need some ideas of what to put in your ramekins once you get them?
Try This! Mini Cobblers Baked in Ramekins
More Brunch: Individual Baked Eggs in Ramekins
10 Uses For Ramekins
Clean Pantry Tip: Store Honey in a Ramekin