I've noticed a new DIY material trending lately—contact paper. It has come a long way from just a basic shelf liner and it can be a great way to incorporate a finish that would otherwise be too expensive or difficult to work with. From copper to marble to faux wood finishes, the end results of these projects are surprisingly chic.
1. Copper Triangle Buffet DIY, Carole + Ellie
Copper contact paper is used to create a show stopping pattern.
2. DIY Faux Marble Lamp, Weekday Carnival
Marble contact paper gives this lamp a sophisticated upgrade.
3. DIY Copper Salad Servers, Almost Makes Perfect
A quick and easy way to dress up your utensils.
4. Marble Mac DIY, Stelly Treats
A laptop gets an unexpected treatment.
5. DIY Ikea Side Table Hack, Style Me Pretty
Marble and Copper take this table from basic to luxe.
6. Copper Detail Plant Pot DIY, Upcycled Treasures
Add a bit of sheen to basic terra cotta pots.
7. DIY Faux Wood Grain Mouse Pad, Petite Apartment
A basic office accessory gets an upgrade.
8. Gold Striped Door DIY, Oh Joy
A gold striped door is a cheerful update.
9. Metallic Salt and Pepper Shakers, Brit and Co
A simple and inexpensive project with great results.
10. Contact Paper Mirror DIY, This Little Street
Chalkboard contact paper is an easy way to add a graphic pattern to a mirror.