Although corded alarm clocks are the standard, especially for those who forget to change out batteries, some might worry about children being tangled in the cords. Aside from safety, sometimes it's nice to move the clock over near the rocker you happen to be occupying while lulling your little one to sleep — how else will you know when Martha Stewart is on?
Finding cordless alarm clocks can feel like a daunting process if you don't know where to look. Quite often they're kept in separate sections of retail stores, away from the electronics department. Try checking in the bedding and bath section for a small endcap of these little treasures, they're usually hiding right in plain sight!
Once you know where to look, the journey begins and the world is your oyster! If retail hunting isn't your style and you'd rather order online, here's a few of our personal favorites, quirky as they may be!
Pictured Above, Left To Right
• Watt Time: on pre-sale for $24.99 at Quirky. This alarm can wake you to an increasing LED light or sound, plus can be picked up and taken to the bathroom for midnight potty trips later on down the line.
• That 70's Red Alarm Clock: We love the old school style of this alarm clock and the color isn't half bad either. It's a nice break from the traditional black, silver and grey models. $21
• Casio #TQ140-7: This travel alarm clock is a good size that is a perfect pint size time piece for your nursery. $13.99
• Birdhouse Alarm Clock: for $35 this piece illuminates and snoozes when you press its perch. Although it's not your traditional style, we like it's quirky nature and the idea of being woken up by birds is rather appealing.
• Clocky: This alarm clock jumps up 3 feet and then rolls forward off your nightstand. In a nursery it would do double duty as a toy. $45 and available in almost every color you can imagine.
(Images: As Linked Above)