I've finally pinpointed why I truly love decorating for different holidays: it's a chance to play with tradition and to put my own spin on the traditional themes. This year, instead of reaching for the flashy red, white and blue glitter for Independence Day, I want to try a more sophisticated spin by using navy instead of royal blue. Read on for ten great ways to DIY your own, unique decor this July 4th.
Whether your holiday style is neutral & moody, bright & preppy or graphic & glam, we've got you covered with one of the projects below. And yes, there's even one that's still shiny and glam. After all, what are fireworks without a little sparkle?
- Fiesta Garland, Oh Happy Day!
- Flag Table Runner, Bliss Bloom
- Stars & Stripes Pennants, Fair Goods
- Stars & Stripes Napkins, House of Earnest
- Fireworks Drink Stirrers, Homey Oh My
- Flag Porch Lantern, Uncommon Designs
- Fireworks Cake Toppers, Tell Love and Chocolate
- Decorated Picnic Plates, Confetti Sunshine
(Yes, they're food safe!)
- Silverware Holders, The Merry Thought
- Cement Star Votives, Henry Happened
(Image credits: Sponsored Post; Oh Happy Day!; Bliss Bloom; Fair Goods; House of Earnest; Homey Oh My; Uncommon Designs; Tell Love and Chocolate; Confetti Sunshine; The Merry Thought; Henry Happened)