After a little searching and a lot of asking around, I finally got my hands on two wood stumps. They've spent the last couple years drying out, but they still remain in their undressed state because I can't quite decide their fate. With so many images of transformed stumps floating around the internet, I have to admit, it has left me quite uncertain. Here are 10 unique approaches to reinventing the basic wood tree stump, from all natural to vivid glossy paint colors to stumps with a metallic touch.TOP ROW:
Gold tree stump tables by The Phillips Collection
2. Make an Easy DIY Stump Table
by Thrifty and Chic
3. From Stump to Seriously Awesome Side Table
by 17 Apart
Lacquered red stumps from Blueprint Magazine via This Is Love Forever
5. Tree Table from Martha Stewart
6. White painted and stenciled fleur-de-lis side table by Design Dreams by Anne.
7. Metallic silver table from The Poor Sophisticate.
8. How to Make a Tree Stump Table by the Art of Doing Stuff.
9. A smoky grey stump by 4 Men 1 Lady
10. Padded Stumps for Softer Seats by Funkytime.
(Images: as linked above)