There are plenty of reasons to decorate your house key. Like if you need to tell it apart from other keys. Or maybe it's just because you just love a little something extra. Either way, I wouldn't say these DIY projects are for everyone, but if you're so inclined, here are 10 easy ways you can jazz up a boring house key. Grab some nail polish and lets get started.
1. Wrap the top of the key in yarn, like Crème de la Craft
2. You can use nail polish to color code keys, as seen on A Bubbly Life
3. Or use glitter polish to give it some sparkle, a la Ramshackle Glam
4. Washi tape (like on Cinema & Spice) makes it easy
5. Scrapbooking paper (like Crème de la Craft) makes it even easier
6. You can glue on a plastic animal and give it a rubber dip, like Design Milk
7. Or just hang a plastic animal off your key like a key chain, just like Ginger Snaps did
8. Morning Creativity shows us that a wine cork makes for a good key chain, too
9. Or you can make your own tassel key chain from leather scraps, as shown on Design Love Fest
10. ...or rope! Like on My Life Box. The possibilities are endless.