If you are remodeling, updating a look, or just wanting a bit of a change in your kitchen, starting with the backsplash is a perfect place to get big impact.
A new backsplash can be a bit pricey depending on the materials you choose and if you have someone else install it, but it doesn't have to be. There are lots of eye catching DIY ideas out there that are quite painless and will have you hanging out in your kitchen with a big smile and a sense of accomplishment in no time. Home Edit put together a list of 10 projects worth a look from all around the web, here are a few of our favorites:
1. Chalkboard paint, draw a design, DONE!
2. Purchase or gather some river rock, hot glue them to a wire netting, and grout in the spaces.
3. Buy some colored glass or back paint it yourself using multiple coats of spray paint and then attach with a heavy weight silicon sealant.
4. Mirrored backsplashes can add dramatic effect and lots of reflected light in small dark kitchens.
5. Head to your local thrift or tile stores and grab up random tiles for a mix and match mosaic. Compose your tiles, adhere them to the wall, and grout.
Consider nailing up a thin sheet of plywood to the wall before gluing your backsplash for something less permanent. This would also allow you to customize your kitchen in rental units.
More Info: Home Edit.
(Images: Via Home Edit)