Winter is the perfect season for hosting a dinner party. A hearty meal helps chase away the cold weather blues and brightens up the dark nights. Make your guests feel special with their own place setting (plus, you can sit chatty Uncle Leo at the other end of the table — the perks of hosting). Just a little planning ahead will allow you time to create one of these simple DIY name setting ideas. Some of them even double up as a little gift for your guests to take home.
- Give a natural element a modern pop with neon like this pinecone setting from Camille Styles.
- A glittery deer to greet your guests, spotted on West Elm's blog Front & Main.
- A little slice of nature and a sweet gift to take home for your guest, by Carnets Parisiens (French).
- Create a little winter ornament scene like this one featured on Something Turquoise.
- Make some miniature trees with garland or tree scraps, seen on Martha Stewart.
- Fun & simple paper pop-up cards will make your guests smile like these spotted on Sweet Paul.
- Pick up a little extra rosemary when you're doing your grocery shopping to make these simple but sweet personalized mini wreaths, by Spoon Fork Bacon.
- Add some fun & color to your table with these bright and bold candy themed name tags by Martha Stewart.
- Understated but charming little tree in a bottle, spotted on Local Milk.
- Make the name setting part of dessert or a sweet take home treat with a edible cookie name tag like this one from Ellas Inspiration (Swedish).