If you live in a small space, multi-purpose furniture can be a big help. Pieces that serve more than one function can save space and allow you to mix things up without having to change out your furniture. For some of our favorite double-duty pieces, click through the links below...FIRST ROW
• 1 George Nelson's Platform Bench doubles as a coffee table.
• 2 Philippe Starck's Prince Aha Stool also works as a side table and storage space.
• 3 Anna Castelli Ferrieri's Componibili doubles as a side table or stackable storage.
• 4 The Case Study Sofa transforms into a bed by removing the cushions.
• 5 Ceramic garden stools are perennial indoor/outdoor pieces.
• 6 Hans Hopfer's Mah Jong Sofa can be configured as chairs or a sectional.
• 7 Shaker Peg Trim doubles as an architectural detail and storage space.
• 8 IKEA's Grundtal is a contemporary classic that works in bathrooms or kitchens.
• 9 Banquettes are a time-honored approach to seating and storage.
• 10 Train racks provide shelving and hooks for the bathroom, bedroom, or kitchen.
Add your recommendations for double-duty classics in the comments.
Top Photo: Michael and Mindy's Sunny Chicago Loft