We've got big plans this summer. Too bad we haven't actually finalized any of them. Yes, the sky is the limit for dreaming of the trip to yellowstone, the drive cross country and the European adventure, but the reality is that we'll probably have time for a couple of quick weekend getaways, maybe a week if we really play our cards right. So small vacations are better than nothing. Here are 7 destinations that are totally driveable from LA.
1. Ace Hotel and Swim Club in Palm Springs: This one tops our list because we've read about so many people being inspired by the avant garde decor and amazing food. We love Palm Springs (even in the hottest days of July) so we'd like to make a plan to get out here if only for a night.
2. The Pearl Hotel in San Diego: We often forget about San Diego as a destination. It seems a little sleepy or a little far, but the truth is that there's lots to do in the area and they've got some really cool hotels, like The Pearl, so kick back and relax.
3.Rosa Muerta in Joshua Tree: If camping in Joshua Tree is a little too rough for you, check out Rosa Muerta where Gregory and his better half spent a weekend last year. He describes it as a desert luxe-camping shelter. What will you call it?
4. Arroyo Seco Gabrielino Trail: Stay super local and find a spot to hike and picnic. In just one day we've had our whole perspective shifted and have gotten back into the moment from spending time outside. It doesn't have to be far away if you let yourself relax into it.
5. Las Vegas: for the gamblers and night owls among the Apartment Therapy Community. We've been wanting to plan a trip out to sin city, where are your favorite
6. Catalina Island: Only sort of driveable, but definitely close by. Check out the trip one of our readers had on the little island.
7. Los Olivos: One of Rebecca's favorite destinations for wine tasting, quaint towns and miles of vineyards. Not too far but a nice, slow pace to relax.
Not convinced? Check out 25 reasons to get out of town.