Holidays can be such a source of joy during those endless family dinners. But they can also be really stressful when a bunch of kids become restless and hungry. This is when party games become practical on top of fun. Hopefully it'll help keep those evenings smooth!
1. Secret Snowmen, Spoonful: pin the snowman on a back without being noticed. Can obviously be adapted to any Tradition.
2. Yarn Maze: With a present at the end of colored yarn, each child rolls up their yarn until they get to a special treat.
3. Christmas Limbo, Creative Youth Ideas: Limbo with garlands. How about adding a fake belly to limbo like Santa?
4. Pin the Star, Education.com: Pin the star on the tree. It could be adapted to pin the flame on the candle of a felt Menorah too.
5. Life-Size Dreidel Game, About.com: The title speaks for itself.
6. Hanukkah Word Scramble, Apples 4 The Teacher.
7. Myrshim, Whyzz.com: A Kwanzaa guessing game.
8. Kwanzaa Family Tree, Nick Jr. : An easy family activity in general.
(Image credits: Pin the Snowman)