You may not notice it on a daily basis, but the labels all over your shelves and counters could be contributing to visual clutter around your home. It's time to get rid of labels once and for all and replace temporary bottles and boxes with these elegant and sturdy jars and canisters.
What can you put in canisters like these? Anything, really. Empty loose and messy bags of flour and sugar into airtight jars in the kitchen, and stash powdered detergent into a glass jar in the laundry (don't forget the scoop!). In the bathroom, use ceramic jars to tidy up your stash of cotton swabs or to hide away private products that you just need on the counter.Here are our favorite picks for sturdy storage containers that offer a good mix of style and function at good prices. Share yours in the comments!
- Oxo Good Grips POP Containers, $9.99 - $16.99: Need a tight seal? Look no further. These airtight stackables are like Fort Knox.
- IKEA DROPPAR, $2.99 - $9.99: Tall and short, there's a size for everything with these frosted containers
- IKEA BURKEN, $2.99- $4.99: At this price, you can organize everything.
- Crate and Barrel's Glass Canisters, $16.95 - $29.95: Classic design, elegant shape and a set of three big jars for just under $60.
- Crate and Barrel Silo Canisters, $7.95 - $24.95: For anything you need to hide, these elegant silos can handle it.
- Old Dutch Hammered Copper Container Set, $58.68: Copper's hot right now and the hammered finish keeps them interesting.
- Container Store Apothecary Jars, $7.99 - $11.99: These straight glass bases and stainless steel lids are a totally contemporary twist on the classic.
- Montana Glass Canisters, $12.99 - $17.99: Slightly retro, these could hold anything from candy to q-tips.
- CB2 3-Piece Mixed Metal Canister Set, $24.95: A Goldilocks-style trio of copper, gold and brushed steel.
- Williams Sonoma Square Ceramic Canister, $24.95 - $34.95: A little farmhouse, a little modern. They'll work anywhere.