Geothermal hot springs, naturally warmed by the superheated ground water from the Earth's core, are a great way to bathe or relax. Not only are they powered naturally, but the communal aspect of a shared facility is a great use of resources. There are natural hot springs on every continent, so check out these ten picks after the jump ...
These 10 springs featured at Web Ecoist are some of the most stunning springs around - so instead of drawing that bath heated by natural gas, head to one of these locations for some beautiful scenery and a relaxing good time.
- Glenwood Hot Springs – Colorado, USA
- Liard River Hot Springs – British Columbia, Canada
- Baños del Inca – Cajamarca, Peru
- Ouray Hot Springs – Colorado, USA
- Sakurajima Hot Springs – Japan
- Snorralaug Hot Spring – Iceland
- The Roman Baths – Bath, UK– Iceland
- Jigokudani Hot Springs – Japan
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs – Colorado, USA
- The Blue Lagoon – Iceland
Visit Web Ecoist for a more complete description.
Photos and selection via Web Ecoist.