In theory I am a travel-aholic. I sit at my desk in my tiny apartment wishing I could take luxurious trips. I plan for hours fictional vacations that I know I can't afford. A few months ago I stumbled across a site called Airbnb and everything changed. Wait, vacation can be affordable?
This is in no way an endorsement for Airbnb, I'm simply a huge fan! I've always been wary of Couch Surfing and to be honest I like my privacy while on vacation. Airbnb offers shared rooms, but why share a room when you can rent an entire home or apartment for yourself? There are tons of places on the cheap all over the world. Seen here are a few of my favorites from across the globe. All for under $200 a night! I can't imagine paying for a hotel room ever again.
It was difficult picking only 10 vacation rentals for under $200. They have so many to choose from! Maybe you could all continue the list in the comments section. What are your favorite rentals, Airbnb or not, for under $200 a night?
• Mission Loft - San Francisco, CA - $175 p/night
• Boat & Breakfast - Bainbridge Island, WA - $125 p/night
• Montmartre With Garden - Paris, France - $199 p/night
• Wonderful Loft - Rome, Italy - $120 p/night
• South Beach Gem - Miami, FL - $78 p/night
• Quietness in the Centre - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - $158 p/night
• Beautiful Hollywood Hills Bungalow - Los Angeles, CA - $180 p/night
• Luxury Beachfront Holiday Homes - Phuket, Thailand - $185 p/night
• City Centre - Copenhagen, Denmark - $175 p/night
• Casa Selva - San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua - $130 p/night
Images: As credited above.