Whether sharing a flat with a friendly German couple or staying in an entire home in Washington DC, keeping your price range low can offer some rewarding results. A getaway doesn't have to break the bank!
Yesterday's post 10 Getaways Under $200 a Night became very popular. Everyone wants to know how they can travel on the cheap. A lot of readers were asking for a list of even cheaper accommodations. The glory of Airbnb is the ability to customize your stay. If you enjoy getting insider tips while sharing a home with others, you can opt for a shared room or even a private room in a shared home. If you prefer a more private experience you can choose to stay in an entire home by yourself.
Once you get into a lower price range, you begin to lose a bit of freedom. Most likely you will be staying in a private room inside someone's home. A lot of people enjoy traveling this way. Staying in a home with the "locals" can be a rewarding experience. They'll give insight on their city that a travel book or even concierge can't tell you.
• Microloft Mitte - Berlin, Germany - Entire home - $60 p/night
• Beautiful Place to Stay - Cologne, Germany - Shared room - $32 p/night
• Double Close to Beach & Acropolis - Attica, Greece - Private room - $43 p/night
• Heart of San Telmo - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Private room - $20 p/night
• Rick's Place - Rome, Italy - Entire home - $73
• MeStyle Place - Bangkok, Thailand - Private room/hotel style - $40
• Double Bedroom in Barcelona Centre - Barcelona, Spain - Private room - $72 p/night
• Charming Jungle Home - Surat Thani, Thailand - Entire home - $45 p/night
• La Palapa, a True Colorful House - Portland, OR - Private room - $45 p/night
• Bachelor Pad - Washington, DC - Entire home - $72 p/night
Images: As linked above.