The stylish and design-savvy can be challenging to buy for. Is it cool enough? Is it too cool? I've gathered up ten items that surely any style-centric friend can appreciate. Practical, beautiful and green, there is something for every budget. You might even be inclined to gift something to yourself!
1. Book Art by Lisa Occhipinti ($54 - $68): Lisa Occhipini's beautiful book creations — including mobiles, hanging spheres and table sculptures — are individually created from old, discarded books. She bends and curls and crafts each page to transform it into a lively literary piece of art.
2. Triangle Wooden Alarm Clock ($29): This wooden LED clock is made of wood can display time, date and temperature alternately.
3. Kalon Isometric Table ($1600 - $2200): Eco-Friendly, People-Friendly, Recyclable, Renewable, Biodegradable, and Low Waste, the Isometric Table is made with 100% all-natural, non-toxic and sustainable materials. It comes in bamboo, black locust, black walnut and maple.
4. Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects ($16.47): The easy use reusable pattern sheets are neatly tucked into a folder inside this full-color, lay-flat spiral bound book. Lotta has included patterns for handy tote bags, smart aprons, chic bed linens, and much more.
5. Re-Vinyl Wall Clocks ($48.93): Made from old LP records, the options run the gamut from über-designer numeric type treatments to cute bunnies, miniature cityscapes and a teapot, there is a style for nearly every taste.
6. BoomCase Upcycled Boomboxes ($385 - $551): Mr. Simo gives vintage suitcases a new lease on life by turning them into portable "BoomCases" with audio input for your iPhone, iPod or any other device with a headphone jack.
7. Minimonos 100% Handcrafted Pillows ($55): Handmade from their patterns to their stitches, these beautifully silkscreened pillows feature trees, iris flowers, owls, carp, and landscapes. Minimonos pieces are printed using environmentally-friendly inks.
8. Jill Rosenwald Ceramics ($42-$220): Heirloom-quality handmade pieces that are not only beautiful, but thoughtfully made in Boston.
9. Brave Space Design's Bamboo Stagger Shelving Unit ($2540 - $2975): Made of 100% bamboo, this stunning shelving unit will become a family heirloom. The smooth surface is treated with an Organic Herbal Oil that is applied by hand and comes in two sizes.
10. Feisty Elle Felt Dahlia Trivet ($60): This pair of Orange Dahlia trivets is the perfect cozy chic addition to your table top decor. Wool felt is a naturally flame retardant and self-extinguishing material.
Our 2010 Green Gift Guide:
- 10 Green Gifts for Dogs and Cats
- 10 Green Gadget Gifts for the Techie
- 10 Green Gifts for the Home Renovator
- 25 Handmade Gifts for the Home
- 10 Green Gifts for the Outdoors Lover
- 10 Gifts for the Artist, Crafter, or DIY'er
- 15 Green Gifts Under $50
- 25 Green Home Gifts Under $25
- 10 Green Gifts for the Cook
- Alternative Non-Stuff Gift Ideas For 'No Gifts Please' People
(Images: As linked above)