There is nothing like a festive table to get you in the mood for the holidays. Whether you are throwing a big bash, a dinner party or having a small family dinner, consider dressing your table up. Here is some inspiration from around the web to get your wheels spinning!
- The look of plaid or these buffalo tea towels like the ones on Simple Bites used old piano sheet music as placemats! It feels especially appropriate for the holidays, and as she points out, some of the song titles could be great conversation starters.
- The combination of glass, copper and greens, illustrated over at Free People, give this table both a rustic and elegant feel. Use different sized glass vases for your centerpiece, and make festive cards for each place setting that have a little note on them for each guest.
- This table from Justina Blakeney is probably my favorite. I can't get over how luscious all those seasonal winter fruits look altogether!
- You can't go wrong with gold as the main theme of your table, like this one from Hostess With The Mostess.
- Throw in little touches of red and green like the table from French Larkspur with rosemary, a few branches of berries, and a red and white tablecloth. Place some large white candles on a cake stand for a simple centerpiece!
- I love the dramatic effect of using black plates with greens, gold and wood as compliments as seen at Smitten Studio. And that feather is a great touch!
- This table from Sweet Something Design uses a camp blanket as a tablecloth and burlap cloth as placemats to achieve great texture.
- If you happen to have an extra canvas drop cloth and empty paint cans around the house, Lowes suggests that you make a table runner with the drop cloth and unique centerpieces with the paint cans to fill with flowers, branches or pine cones!
- This table is actually from a wedding photographed by Jaclyn Journey, but it could easily be the inspiration for a holiday table, especially if you are trying to come up with something at the last minute. Place a piece of burlap down the middle as a table runner and line it with greens and white flowers!