The internet has made last minute travel simple for procrastinators such
as myself. Everyone already knows about Trip Advisor and Travelocity, but this list is more design-centric for those travelers looking for a more
unique getaway. Here are some last minute travel websites to check out even if you only have
24 hours until your flight takes off.
- New York Times 36 Hour Guides: I always start with a 36 hour guide from the NY Times for a succinct guide to a city
- Mr and Mrs Smith: For hotels I turn to Mr. and Mrs. Smith for a select group of boutique hotels.
- Travel + Leisure: With pull-down menus to select your destination you can link to the Travel + Leisure archive of articles.
- Telegraph Travel Guides: The British know how to travel and so turning to their local newspapers is a smart way to get their insight on European and far-off destinations.
- The Guardian: Another British newspaper with an extensive travel section. Great for finding smaller cities to travel within Europe.
- Design Sponge City Guides: A local's guide to cities around the globe based on eating, shopping, and sleeping.
- Wayfare Magazine: A new e-magazine that features inspirational travelogues from highly creative people.
- Pret a Voyager: A blog written by a creative designer who has travelled around the world more than once and a must read for tips on Paris if nothing else.
- Everplaces: A social network of travel that is hoping to become a more personalized trip advisor so that you no longer have to wonder if that negative review is a just out for revenge.
- Herb Lester Guides: While his fold out pocket guides are fun, you can get the scoop behind his great finds through his blog.
Of course, Apartment Therapy now has quite the archive of design lover's travel guides that can be found right here