Yes, we're among those people who buy (or make) gifts for their pets. If you fall into the same category, or know a pet owner who would appreciate a gift for their furry friend, here are some of our top eco-friendly dog and cat gifts. Top Row:
1. Hemp Dog Bone ($14): A squeaky toy stuffed with hypo-allergenic fiber made from 100% recycled post-consumer plastics.
2. Reknitz Sweater ($38): Made in the USA from reclaimed cotton fibers.
3. Oval Hemp Dog Bed ($120): Made with hemp and stuffed with fibers made from recycled soda bottles ... Or make your own Patchwork Pet Bed from old sweaters!
4. Pet Water Bottle ($19.95): These stainless steel bottles from Good Life Gear are BPA-free, durable, recyclable, and easy for your dog to use.
5. Zisc ($11-14.85): This dog toy is made from Zogoflex, a durable, flexible, and recyclable material.
6. Organic Homemade Treats: Check out these recipes for Tuna Tidbits for cats and Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits.
7. Catnip Cat Toys ($8.80): Created from fabric made up of 85% re-engineered recycled IntelliLoft fibers and filled with USDA certified Organic Catnip.
8. Buddha ($70-100): Cat perches made from 100% rapidly renewable Plyboo architectural plywood or LPL with 100% recycled wood fiber.
9. Sojos Certified Organic Catnip ($7.62): Certified organic catnip grown in the Cascade Mountains of Washington.
10. Recycled Cardboard Cat Scratcher: Got a bunch of cardboard lying around? Check out this DIY project from Design Sponge.
Our 2010 Green Gift Guide: