Here are ten green living posts to help you get ready and get excited for fall.
1. Home Canning Tips for Gardeners. Well, the bounty of lush tomatoes, strawberries, and peaches won't be at their peak much longer (wah wah), but canning is making a major comeback, and for good reason. It's a wonderful way to preserve summer produce for use throughout the fall and winter.
2. DIY Drying and Storing Summer Herbs. Along with wonderful produce, fresh herbs are such a luxury of summer cooking. If you've been growing herbs outdoors this summer, consider drying and storing them for use throughout the cold weather seasons.
3. Growing in Fall: 5 Foods to Plant Now. Whether you had a wonderful veggie garden this summer or feel like you missed your chance, have no fear! There are still some great veggies and herbs you can plant during the fall and enjoy fresh this season.
4. 12 Home Fixes To Do For Fall. This is a great post to help get your home prepped for the cold weather before the cold weather is actually here. That way, when the first major temperature drop rolls through, you can relax in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and not worry about your drafty windows.
5. Fall Home Maintenance To -Do List. A quick and efficient list of important home-related issues to address before the cold weather sets in.
6. Fall is Here: 10 Ways to Clean & Prep Your Fireplace. For those of you with fireplaces, a) you're so lucky(!), and b) here is a great list to help you prep your fireplace to ensure it's clean and efficient for the seasons ahead.
7. Getting Your Home Cozy For Fall. Fall is sweater weather, but it's also flat out cozy weather. Snuggling up with a great pillow and a soft blanket on a cool fall Saturday night to watch a movie with some hot buttered popcorn is just the best...now if only these temperatures would drop 20 degrees.
8. LED Lamps Under $200: Economical & Eco-Friendly. One of the downsides of summer ending is the fact that the days are going to grow much shorter and we'll have less hours of natural light in our homes. Here's a roundup of lamps that will help save on energy and add some style.
9. More Energy and Safety Tips For Fall. And since many of us will be spending more time indoors, check out this list of helpful tips to make sure your space is ready to run efficiently and safely this fall and winter.
10. Brighten Your Home This Fall with a Pop of Color. For those of you not so excited about the chillier, darker days ahead, here are some lovely, bright handmade decor items to add some summery hues to your home or office.
(Images: As linked above)