Hosting guests on Airbnb is a fun way to get more out of the home you've worked so hard on. If you're ready to get started, bookmark this checklist of simple things you can do to make visitors feel more at home while they're on the road. Each is simple, but put together they'll make a big impact. Try them for your next Airbnb crew, and watch your reviews glow.
1. It could be midnight by the time your guests arrive: They'll appreciate a stocked coffee station in the morning.
2. Display your cleanest and freshest towels. This isn't the time for that threadbare Snoopy situation. (In fact, maybe it's time to throw that out?)
3. Help orient out-of-towners with your insider recommendations for the neighborhood's best eats, drinks, and coffee. Also include the easy-to-overlook necessities, like groceries and drug stores. You can even store this on your Airbnb profile with the Guidebook feature.
4. Ace the first impression by cleaning common areas thoroughly before guests arrive. Even if it's been decluttered, a dusty coffee table suggests no one has been around for a while.
5. Leave prominently displayed instructions for electronics, and you'll put smiles on their faces faster than you can say, "What's the wifi password?"
6. Help them unpack by clearing an extra drawer or two and leaving empty hangers.