• Plastic wrap: It may be handy once in a while, but if anything, see if you can make one roll last for years—or nix it all together!
• Plastic food bags: Try reusable cotton bags for produce, groceries, and snacks.
• Trash bags: Control your rubbish, no bags needed!
• Paper towels: We prefer cotton reusables to paper towels now, anyway.
• Hair dryer: Easy, provided you can set vanity aside just a little.
Bigger things, like appliances, are a little tougher—but not impossible:
• Microwave: We prefer not having a microwave. We make popcorn and boil water for coffee and tea stovetop, and reheat leftovers with a highly efficient convection toaster oven.
• Coffee maker: Instead of a plug-in coffee maker, try a French press or siphon. They
• Dishwasher: It can be done, as we have learned.
• Television: What better excuse to go watch the big game at your buddy's house?
• Garbage disposal: Forgo the extra water usage and start composting instead.
What can you add to the list?
• Living Without A Fridge
• 'No Impact Man' Colin Beavan and Michelle Conlin
• Best Small Space Grocery and Food Storage Roundup
(Images: plastic wrap - Blast Magazine; dishwasher - Flickr member zenobia joy, licensed under Creative Commons; hair dryer - u8mealive via StockXchg; bedroom with tv - AT:San Francisco; microwave - sxc.hu user djeyewater.)