Enjoying the things you own means keeping them in good condition over the years. Sometimes all you need to upgrade an old piece of furniture is a small investment of elbow grease and a few materials like sandpaper, paint, stain, or some new fabric. Click below for five DIY ways to improve your old stuff...
• 1 Upgrade a basic bed frame by adding a DIY tufted headboard.
• 2 Janel updated her desk with a few coats of high-gloss paint.
• 3 Use our DIY expert Shelly's upholstery how-to's as a guide for your own project.
• 4 Refinish old wood furniture by sanding and applying new stain.
• 5 Have your upholstery cleaned or clean it yourself to get it back into top condition.
For more how-to projects, check our online archives.