If you're feeling unprepared for summer, a single trip to Ikea may be the solution. They've released a slew of new products for summer – from towels to dishes to seating – all at pretty impressive prices. We've rounded up our family-friendly favorites.Top row, left to right:
- Midsommar Ice Pop Maker ($1.99) - If you get these, be sure to check out this roundup of amazing ideas for homemade freezer pops from our sister site The Kitchn.
- Grëno Cushion ($12.99) - We like this stripey, summery cushion as either an outdoor chair pad or casual seating on the ground. For a slightly more Nantucket-y look, check out the Hallo Cushion ($14.99). And for a really inexpensive cushion that would be great for the beach, park, and outdoor movies, we like the Särö Cushion ($1.99).
- Korall Anemon Play Tent ($14.99)
- Västlig Gardening Bag ($1.99) - This slightly structured bag lends itself well to containing outdoor toys on your porch, balcony or deck. There's also the floppier Varmt Rund Carry Bag ($1.99), which would be handy for hauling your beach gear or for keeping summer gear organized in your car. We have one of these and can vouch for the fact that they're enormous.
- Vänö Easy Chair ($39.99)
Second row, left to right:
- Grëno Hammock ($49.99)
- Halsa Steel Vacuum Flask ($5.99) - For those long days at the park when you're operating on few ZZZs and need to schlep a decent amount of coffee, we love these festive striped insulated flasks.
- Varmt Towel ($12.99)
- Midsommar Plates ($1.99/4) - At 9" across, these are decent-sized polypropylene plates for outdoor meals and snacks.
- Soda Drinking Straws ($1.99/200) - Bendy straws are awesome. Enough said.