Much like framed travel posters, globes and maps, keeping travel-themed coffee table books in easy reach and on display is a great way to showcase your love of exotic cultures and unquenchable thirst for beautiful sights.
But travel-themed coffee table books go beyond just the initial spark of inspiration than any poster or map can give. By offering more in-depth views of far-flung locales and sometimes even storylines and information, they propel you to grab the next flight to a dream destination. They practically scream at you to take that trip as you lazily thumb through a book when there's nothing on TV. And they also serve as a great trip down memory lane of vacations you have taken (especially if you're not the world's best photographer!)
From the quirky to the expected to the ones perfect for design lovers, here is only a tiny, curated sliver of the amazing amount of travel-themed coffee books (of all shapes and sizes for those who love to stack) that there are to choose from:
1) Paris in Color by Nichole Robertson $19.95
2) Around the World: The Grand Tour in Photo Albums by Barbara Levine, Kirsten Jensen $55
3) The National Park Architecture Sourcebook by Harvey H. Kaiser $40
4) Sites of Impact: Meteorite Craters Around the World by Stan Gaz $60
5) Window Seat: Reading the Landscape from the Air by Gregory Dicum $14.95
6) Wanderlust: 30 Postcards for Insatiable Travelers by Troy M. Litten $9.95
7) National Geographic Simply Beautiful Photographs by Annie Griffiths $22.65
8) Ruin: Photographs of a Vanishing America by Brian Vanden Brink $41.66
9) Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips by National Geographic $25
10) Travel in Style by teNeues $43.09
What are your favorite travel-themed coffee table books?
(Images: as linked above)