When it's as hot as it's been, sometimes the only thing to do is to go where it's even warmer: Palm Springs. A former haven for movie stars like Frank Sinatra, Palm Springs has gotten revamped in the last 10 years and offers every kind of hotel you could ask for. Jump below for our 10 favorite and most inspiring.
• Twin Palms is the former residence of Frank Sinatra, newly renovated and awesome.
• The Ace Hotel has been our personal favorite since it opened. It has a relaxed vibe, seventies decor, an amazing restaurant, bikes to borrow and plenty of room by the pool.
• Korakia is a smaller boutique hotel with a Moroccan influence, a great pool, bikes to rent and it's right around the corner from downtown PS.
• The Parker Hotel designed by Jonathan Adler (and a great garden designed by Elysian Landscapes here in LA).
• Desert Hills is a classic PS hotel that will be lower key than some of the trendier places and maybe even a little more authentic.
• Hope Springs in Desert Hot Springs is about a 15 minute drive from Palm Springs, but perfect if you really want to get away. They have 3 hot springs, no tv's, an amazing breakfast spread and a beautiful space. They also offer some great spa services.
• Horizon Hotel is another newly renovated classic originally designed in 1952 by William Cody. In it's heyday, it was a private oasis for the Hollywood elite, including Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable.
• Palm Springs VRBO vacation rentals are cheaper if you're a big group and give you privacy and freedom. Plus there are so many great mid century homes to rent it's mind boggling.
• The Del Marcos is a 60's swinging classic. Beautiful Pool, close to downtown PS and not too big.
• The Viceroy Palm Springs for those of you who want some upscale glamour and a touch of Kelly Wearstler in your vacation. We're pretty sure this hotel single handedly brought yellow into vogue when it was unveiled.
Images: 1. Twin Palms Hotel; 2. Ace Hotel by Laure Joliet; 3. Korakia Hotel; 4. Parker Hotel Palm Springs; 5. Desert Hills Hotel; 6. Hope Springs by Laure Joliet; 7. Horizon Hotel; 8. VRBO Palm Springs; 9. Del Marcos Hotel; 10. Viceroy Palm Springs by Wayfaring.