For a few years I have had several of those ubiquitous fabric storage bins on the shelves of a cart in my kitchen to add some much needed storage. They were an affordable, easy to find solution but I quickly realized they weren't the best choice for such a high traffic area where food is always involved.
They have been looking pretty beat up for awhile and I have been searching for a more durable solution. For storage in the kitchen and other messy areas you need something that will stand up to frequent use and especially that can be wiped down when the inevitable spills and spatters occur. Here are some kitchen friendly storage options that would also work in any high traffic space that needs a little organization.
1. Locker Basket from Land of Nod
2. Carry All Grid Basket from The Container Store
3. Chrome Wire Storage Basket from The Container Store
4. Mesh Stacking Kitchen Bin from Bed Bath & Beyond
5. Dot Basket from The Container Store
, $5.99 - $8.99
6. LEKMAN Box from IKEA
7. Metal Drawer from Target
Images: as linked above