A popular choice for infusing a little extra luxury in your bathroom is the soaking tub. Deeper than a regular tub, soaking tubs are perfect for sinking into a warm bath and letting the days’ troubles float away. We’ve rounded up 10 great examples of soaking tubs to inspire your own bathroom renovations (or even just dreams).
Inspired by the Japanese ofuro, which is a tub usually square or round and so deep you can be almost completely submerged while seated, soaking tubs now encompass many shapes and sizes. They all have the same thing in common: the ability to sink into a warm bath! Though soaking tubs come in a number of varieties here in America (can you say whirlpool, massaging, chromotherapy or aromatherapy?) we decided to stick to the simple ones, giving you a variety of shapes, sizes and prices.
1) Caruso Round Japanese Soaking Tub from Signature Hardware $3060.95
2) Simone Stainless Steel Soaking Tub from Signature Hardware $2850.95
3) Palais Pedestal Soaking Tub from Restoration Hardware $3890
4) Ventura Apron Tub from Overstock.com $1,786
5) Japanese Soaking Tub Drop-In Bathtub from Signature Hardware $1982.95
6) Lantern Freestanding Soaking Tub from LineaAqua $2050.00
7) Archer 6' Bath from Kohler $655.15
8) Abbey Slipper Soaking Tub on Claw Feet from Signature Hardware $2982.95
9) Hydro Systems Katarina Soaking Corner Tub from Fixture Universe $2,758.76
10) Daxton Square Japanese Style Soaking Tub from Signature Hardware $4195.95
Prices way out of your range? There are a number of options available for tubs that are deeper than standard and can be found at your local bath supply stores. Look for tubs with a high depth, but also check the height of the drain; that'll determine how high you can get the water. Interested in trying your hand at creating a DIY soaking tub? We found a few ideas on that, too:
Reader's Bathrooms: Splatgirl's Blue Lagoon
Modern Bathroom Reno
Japanese Ofuro Soaking Tubs
What do you think about soaking tubs? Do you have one? Do you hate them? Have you found a particularly great deal on one or have made one yourself? Let us know!