By this point, we’re all pretty familiar with Arne Jacobsen’s Egg chair and Hans Wegner’s Wishbones, but there are so many more
Scandinavian furniture designers from the last century to appreciate! Click through the jump for a list of ten designers you may not have heard of and to see some of their most influential pieces.
Click on a name below for links to a bio:
1. Nanna Ditzel, Egg, 1959
2. Verner Panton, Heart Chair, 1959
3. Poul Kjaerholm, PK 9, 1960
4. Finn Juhl, Chieftain chair, 1949
5. Kaare Klint, Propeller Stool, 1927
6. Alvar Aalto, Paimio Chair, 1932
7. Grete Jalk, Moulded plywood chair, 1963
8. Bruno Mathsson, Easy chair, 1933
9. Poul Henningsen, Table lamp, 1927
10. Ole Wanscher, Arm chair, 1958
Who else should we add to this list? Let us know!
Images: Skandium, Verner Panton Furniture, Danish Furniture, Oh the Modernity, Architonic, Met Museum, Dwell, Danish Teak, Art Value, 1st Dibs