All eyes will be on you when you walk into the Halloween party wearing this oversized peeper. Inexpensive supplies—a styrofoam ball, some felt, card stock, and a fascinator base—mean that the total cost of this costume comes to less than 20 bucks. Add a dramatic lip using makeup you already own and nail art using polishes from your stash, and you've got yourself the cheapest-chicest costume in the room.
What You'll Need:
- 6-inch Smooth Styrofoam Ball, $7, from Michaels
- 2" and 4" condiment bowls
- Green and black felt, 12" by 12" pieces
- White chalk
- Black card stock
- White fascinator base, $5, from Fancy Goods
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Metal hair clip or hair comb
1. Place a small condiment bowl upside down on black felt. Using chalk or a white pen, trace around the perimeter of the bowl to create the pupil; cut out. Trace the larger prep bowl onto green felt to make the iris; cut out.
2. Hot glue the iris to the center of the styrofoam ball. Adhere the pupil on top.
3. Cut out 5 1/2-inch-by-3-inch pieces of card stock. Fold a small flap on one end of each piece and hot-glue to the top of the eye. Hot glue the eye to the fascinator base with a generous amount of hot glue.
4. Hot-glue a metal hair clip to the underside of the fascinator, or stitch a small hair comb in place. When securing to your head, tuck in a few bobby pins for extra support.
Many thanks to Spoonflower for the blue sky backdrop, which is available as wallpaper, gift wrap & fabric from Koalalady's shop.