If you haven't quite decked your dining room out the way you've dreamed or if you just feel like it's not quite ready for guests, we present a collection of some quite lovely spaces in recent Apartment Therapy house tours. "Modern" is a bit hard to define; it means a lot to different people. For this post we're using it to refer to refreshing, open, airy-feeling dining spaces. Spaces with minimal furnishings and color palettes that equally relax and invigorate. These are the kind of spaces that will allow the people — and the food — to take center stage, and hopefully keep the host calm and centered.
1) Chris & Kenny's New Santa Barbara Home
2) Laura's Mid-Century Melrose Place
3) Jody & Joe's Cozy Contemporary Condo
4) Drew & Mindy's Delightful Mix in Melrose
5) Alon & Betsy's Clean & Classic French Countryside Home
6) Erin's Vintage-Filled Austin Home
7) Peter & Margaret's Happy-Making Music-Loving Home
8) Kathleen & Bradford's Heritage of Harmony Home
9) Sabrina Soto's Penthouse Pops with Color
10) Jesse & Lucas' Simply Stylish Home + Studio
How's your dining room faring when it comes to being ready for the holiday season? Is it in a state to receive guests or do you need a little inspiration? Let us know!
Images — 1: Nancy Neil; 2: Leela Cyd Ross; 3: Bethany Nauert; 4: Kyle Freeman; 5: Alon and Betsy Kasha; 6: Erin; 7: Peter & Margaret; 8: Marcia Prentice; 9: Jill Slater; 10: Juan Enriquez