We are not going to lie when we admit to having a certain loathing for ceiling fans. Having spent a good portion of our lives in parts of the world where they are incredibly important, we recognize them as a necessary evil.... but do they have to be evil? By being evil, we mean looking ugly of course. So without further any delay, we present to you 10 not ugly ceiling fans.
- Cirque Ceiling Fan: Designed by Mark Gajewski, G Squared, this downright sculptural ceiling fan is a Good Design award winner.
- Ellington Composite Fan: Brushed chrome and frosted acrylic blades provide all the air movement without the feel of a heavy fan hanging overhead. The included wall mount control also gives you full adjustability of fan speed and direction.
- Sycamore Ceiling Fan: Designed just like the efficient Sycamore tree pod, this ceiling fan runs on lower energy consumption (1/2 the normal amount, in fact), with less noise, and has great modern looks.
- Fanimation Centaurus Ceiling Fan: Another sculptural ceiling fan, the Centaurus combines shapes, colors and form to create its own visual language.
- Torto Modern Ceiling Fan: While we are not sure how efficient this fan is, we love the clean look of the blades.
- Artemis Ceiling Fan: Available in several finishes, our personal favorite is the wood, which we feel gives it an earthy, yet ethereal feel thanks to its design.
- Fanimation Enigma Ceiling Fan: This single blade fan reminds us a little of the Sycamore, but with a more industrial edge.
- Purifan Ceiling Fan Air Purifier: Although sorely lacking in design chops, we do love that it provides air circulation and filtering.
- Westinghouse Industrial Ceiling Fan: We like the simple design of this fan and that it reminds us of the wonders of aviation in all of the best ways.
- UrbanFan: We would not be Unplggd without having at least one concept in this roundup. This concept is for a ceiling fan that would install in a light socket, making it perfect for renters.
Once you get your ceiling fan check out these money saving ceiling fan tips.