If your digital photo library is anything like ours it is decidedly on the massive side. Between photos we snap on our phones, with our compacts and with our SLRs, storage space dedicated to images is something we never seem to have enough of. While we do enjoy looking at them on our computers and mobile devices, pictures are really meant to be displayed and it's with this in mind that we took at look at some non-tacky ways to use photographs.
- Make an Inspiration Collage: An inspiration collage from your photographs is a great way to brighten up a home office as well as personalize it.
- addLib Them: This program edits your photos and creates a variety of designs based on educated theories.
- Put Them on Canvas: Use a service like Canvas Pop and put treasured images on canvas.
- Turn Them Into Wallpaper: Follow the example in this home office and use images as wallpaper for an accent wall.
- Put Them on Oak: Use a service like Modern Bird Studios to turn your image into a studio piece created with a combination of digital, hand, and painting processes on an oak composite.
- Give Them a Classic Feel: Age your images with a site like Wankoto to give them a new/old look.
- Display with Wine Boxes & Christmas Lights: Use wine boxes and Christmas lights to create a unique light box photo display.
- Blow Them Up Poster Size: Use Rasterbator to create huge, rasterized images from any picture and blow them up to up to 20 meters in size.
- Use a Cork Board to Display: Give new life to 4x6 prints by displaying them on a framed cork board. By using an interesting arrangement of black and white images on a white background, the images really pop.
- Give Them a Polaroid Makeover: We love the classic instant film look and think lending the look to non instant film images is a fun way to keep the aesthetic alive.
What are some of your favorite non-tacky ways to use photographs?