All too often, we hear about renters who are stuck with their decor because they can't paint their white walls. While it can feel limiting at first glance, white can have its advantages - it can make a space feel bright and airy and opens up a plethora of decorating options. Here are ten of our favorite white-walled nurseries and reasons why they work:
1. Addison's White & Bright Charmer:
A contrasting striped rug and bright neon colors are the stars of this space. With the addition of warm vintage furniture and fun accessories like the large marquee letter "A" this is a white space that is sure not to be forgotten anytime soon.
2. Oscar & Boot's 150-Square-Foot Bedroom:
Oscar and Boot's room is a visual feast for the eye - filled with eclectic artwork, colorful accessories, and unique pieces of furniture. White never looked so fun.
3. Alice's Warm, Modern Nursery:
Alice's parents show that white is anything but cold by adding warm textiles, artwork, and wood tones to the space.
4. Pippi's Whimsical Wonderland:
Pippi's room is filled with a myriad of patterns and colors, whimsical creatures and statement pieces like the painted iron bed, stunning honeycomb installation, and stunning textile art. Anyone who says white walls are boring never saw this space.
5. Elke's Sweet-as-Honey Space: As if the warm wood tones and brightly colored statement rug aren't enough, Elke's mom made sure that her daughter's room would be a stunner with the addition of metallic decals on the walls. There are so many options for removable decals today - it's a great way to spice up the white walls of a rental.
6. Martina & Lola's Sweet Shared Space: Martina and Lola's parents looked to the ceiling to add drama to their daughters' shared bedroom. The addition of simple garlands and a paper lantern adds instant appeal to an otherwise very clean, white space.
7. Olive's Creatively Colorful Abode: Olive's parents were lucky enough to find a stunning wall installation that had been used as a window display in one of their favorite stores. Finding a colorful statement piece like this that can be easily removed is perfect for a white-walled rental.
8. Cruz's Modern Geometric Masterpiece: Another instance where wall decals can completely change the look of a space - this time mom Pricilla Barros used them on the ceiling to show off its height and interesting angle. The addition of a warm colorful rug and stunning deep blue-hued glider add color and dimension to the lower portion of the space.
9. Leif's Modern Victorian Bedroom: This striking nursery is filled with unexpected pieces like the giant branch that arches over the crib, as well as vintage items that give the space warmth, character and charm.
10.Wyatt's Bright & Bold Abode: Wyatt's room is full of color and contrast, from the stunning black and white cowhide rug to the primary-colored accessories, his space is full of excitement and drama.
(Image credits: Ginny Chase; Bethany Nauert; Kate Keeler; Emily/The Beetleshack; Lucia M. Photography; Armosa Studios; Le Belle Photographie; Vicki Eastland; Whitney Johnson)