Some times old furniture can have a tough time fitting in to new homes. Too big, too brown, too dark. If you have a piece, or you've seen one you love but don't know where to put it and you're feeling brave - a lick of paint might be just what's needed to make old pieces work in modern homes.
1. I love this table! it belongs to Brooke from April Two Eighty and you can see her home tour here.
2.This 'Esme' sideboard by Knack Studios has had new life breathed into it with some green paint and white accents.
3. Pink! You can see this gorgeous cupboard in lot of Rachel's pics at Smile and Wave.
4. The dark solid colour of this table highlights the detail in the legs and trim.
5. Orange is my favourite colour and I'm so proud of it right now. This chest of drawers is by Sydney Barton.
6. the black accents on this chest really make it pop. You can see more colourful pieces in Marisa's home tour here at sfgirlbybay.
7. This striking red Fireworks Side Table by Spruce Home will add interest and colour to any room.
8. I don't know if I could do too much lime green. But the white accents and silver additions make this serious occasional table fun.
9. The Dos family have managed to fit a mass of colourful vintage and modern pieces into their home and make it work. This green table is simple enough to fit in with a lot of different colours.
10. This side table is small enough to give a colour lift to even dark, busy rooms.
(Images: as linked above)