We all need to escape every once in a while, and it's often impossible to hop on a plane or into a car. That's why it's so important to set up at least one or two "getaways" within your own home, whether that involves a space to listen to music, read, have a good meal, take a nap, or lose yourself in a movie...For tips on creating each of these escapes, click through the links:
• 1 Set up a reading nook or a window seat hideaway in your home.
• 2 If you have a front porch or balcony, use it as a getaway.
• 3 Carve out a space for music.
• 4 If you're a movie buff, set up your own version of a home theater.
• 5 Turn your bedroom into an uncluttered, tech-free environment where you can rest.
For more ideas, click here.
(Photos: Phillip Maisel, Pink Fish, Sarah Coffey, Peter Olofsson via Unplggd Flickr pool, Sarah Coffey)