The Presidents' Day holiday has been adopted by retailers as a mid-winter marketing opportunity. And who can blame them? Mid-February isn't exactly the most robust season for sales. While some Presidents' Day promotions are little more than marketing ploys, we found a few sales that are definitely worth a look…
- Pottery Barn has discounted hundreds of items, including bedding, furniture and accessories up to 60% off. I have my eye on the William Floor Storage, which is discounted from $229 to $179.
- IKEA is jumping on the Presidents' Day bandwagon with some discounted items, like the GORM shelving unit, which is discounted from $29.99 to $9.99 on Sunday only.
- Joann Fabrics is offering discounts online and in-store through Monday. This is a perfect chance to jump on those craft projects, with home decor fabrics at 50% off.
- Best Buy is offering 10 - 25% off major appliances, like this Samsung Top-Loading Washer, discounted from $799 to $629.
- West Elm has additional 15% markdowns on their clearance items for the holiday weekend. You can score items like the Flat-Bar Printer Caddy, discounted from $249 to $149.
- Thrive Home Furnishings is offering a 20% discount on all furniture, like the handsome Carter Chair, through Monday.
- Bobby Berk Home is celebrating the weekend with 10% off seating. That doesn't seem like much, but they're also offering a $100 gift card with purchase. Shown here: Petalply Chairone.
- Restoration Hardware is offering $100 off every $500 you spend on all full-priced items. You could save $400 on the Soho Tufted Chair, among others.
- Sears has a pretty extensive Presidents' Day Sale covering everything from furniture to appliance and everything in between. But I have my eye on their Craftsman Chest, which is discounted from $199 to $93.
- Jonathan Adler's upholstery sale, while not touted as a Presidents' Day sale, ends Monday so it deserves inclusion here. All upholstered furniture, including the Kensington Sofa shown here, is 20% off.