The bathroom is the smallest room in the house, yet stores the most varied collection of stuff. How do you fit everything in and keep it from getting cluttered? Here are 10 creative storage solutions from our archives and around the web.1. Labeled storage. Kristen shared her bathroom shelving solution with us in 2010. She embroidered small baskets for easy sorting and access, and we love the result.
3. Kitchen organizers. Do you have something like this in your kitchen? Rod-based organizing systems like those at IKEA work just as well in the loo, and can be tailored to your needs.
4. Shelf above the door. If you're lucky enough to have high ceilings, the space above your bathroom door is prime real estate. Martha Stewart suggests adding a shelf and storing extra toiletries.
5. Towel nook. Who needs a linen closet when you can artfully display your towels like Meg & Dan? It adds fun element of surprise, and it's practical, too!
6. Shoe Organizers. If you can't add shelves, you can get a ton of storage without drilling holes by utilizing a shoe organizer on the back of the door. A clear one makes it easy to find what you need.
7. Magnetic spice rack. Adhere a sheet of metal to the back of your medicine cabinet (or paint with magnetic primer), and use magnetic spice racks to hold small items. Also a great way to keep track of scissors, tweezers, and other tiny metal objects. Homes & Gardens via House to Home.
8. Lazy susans. Another trip from the kitchen to the bathroom brings this two-tiered lazy susan, ready to make things easy to find in your vanity. Stephanie Lynn built her own and it's almost too cute to use inside a cabinet!
9. Stick-on storage. These kind of remind me of organizers for your high school locker, but I love the effect! Small things can easily be knocked around inside a shallow vanity mirror, but StickOnPods utilizes the door side to keep lipsticks and toothbrushes safe and secure.
10. Cord control. Hair dryers, electric shavers, and flat irons have a way of getting in the way. A hanging organizer for the vanity door easily keeps those unruly cords in control. This particular organizer from HSN is sold out, but a small shower caddy or trimmed shoe organizer would do the trick.
What's your best bathroom organization tip?
(Images: as linked above)