Earlier this week I took a look at budget dishware sets
but if you're ready to upgrade to something a little more special, this list is for you. The exact opposite of mass produced dishes, the shops and designers on this list specialize in handcrafted tabletop. • Heath Ceramics
Started by Edith Heath in 1948, all pieces are created in the Sausalito, California factory.
• Uncommon Goods The selection at this online marketplace for handcrafted and unique goods is vast. The Dining & Entertaining section includes dishes, barware, serving pieces and more. Not all pieces are handcrafted so be sure to read product details.
• Circa Ceramics A favorite on the craft show circuit, Chicago-based Circa Ceramics produces colorful dishware emblazoned with iconic images.
• Kreeger Pottery Based in Austin, Texas, Keith Kreeger believes "that a meal with friends that you've spent hours preparing calls for dinnerware crafted with the same care."
• dbO Home Dana Brandwein Oates founded dbO Home out of "a desire to make things." She makes all of her handcrafted pottery in her home studio in Litchfield County, Connecticut.
• White Forest Pottery Maxwell first profiled Nancy Bauch's handcrafted pottery back in 2007 and recent visit to her website confirms that she is still churning out beautiful tabletop.
(Image: Laure Joliet/Heath Ceramics Studio & Store Grand Opening)