It's so great to see that more and more modern designs are also sustainable and eco-friendly. These ten shops, a mix of brick and mortar and online, are great resources for these organic modern designs.
- Folklore This London based shop "curates mindful design for home and life." Shown: Tipped Writing Desk, whitewashed reclaimed pine and metal.
- Home ECO:Nomics This brick and mortar shop in Anaheim, California, focuses on eco-friendliness with products that are recycled, natural, sustainable or local.
- Twelve Chairs This Boston based shop focusing on sustainable designs recently launched an online store as well. Shown here: Back Bay Coffee Table with bird’s eye maple that was salvaged from a back bay row house.
- Viva Terra This is a great online resource for all sorts of eco-friendly home goods — furniture, accessories and soft goods. Shown: Vintage Fir Modern Dresser, reclaimed Douglas fir, handcrafted in the US.
- Ample Ample's founder, Andy Johnston, started his business with a simple focus: to design and produce beautiful modern furniture in his hometown of Seattle. Shown: Solstice Floor Lamp, walnut legs, natural linen shade.
- Forma Living While many of this shop's offerings lean more toward the vintage industrial style, you can find some modern pieces in the mix as well. Shown: Anyu Honeycomb Lamp constructed with heavy weight, decorative papers.
- Design With Benefits Architects Tania Garbe and Ida Polzer mix modern design with good stewardship. Shown: Rekto Wooden Radio by Indonesian designer Singgih Kartono.
- UrbanGreen This Brooklyn based company produces modern design furniture, much of which is available in a rainbow of colors. Shown: Midcentury Modern Dresser.
- Rowen & Wren This British webshop offers a selection of gorgeous modern designs. They also donate a percentage of their monthly profits to the RSPB, which supports native bird species. Shown: Oak 7 Drawer Mariner Chest.
- Verde Lifestyles This online shop offers sustainable wood furniture and accessories. Shown: 22" Vine Twist Sustainable Wood Stool.
(Images: As credited above.)