Upright workstations have become a popular topic of late as the blogosphere discusses the ergonomic benefits of standing at your computer as opposed to sitting. We'll ignore that Donald Rumsfeld famously worked at his desk standing up and, instead, choose to remember that Ernest Hemingway wrote all his novels standing at his writing table. With that inspiration, we give you nine standing desks that may convince you to ditch the task chair and opt to stand tall.
- Crescendo C2 Maximus: A Table that Adjusts to Your Needs
- Create a Small Floating iMac Workspace With Ikea Shelves
- The Handcrafted Standing Desk
- Create A Standing Desk From An Old IKEA Coffee Table
- Drew Saunders' Cubicle Stand
- A Desk... On a Dresser?!
- Scott Robbin's Cinder Block Upgrade
- Salvaged Wood Is Born Again as a Desk
- The Laptop Tower by Ursula Maier