The task lamp. You know the one. With the bent arm and metal bowl shade. Classic? Yes. Uninspired? Well, it can be that, too. Except for these 10 creative tech and lighting DIY projects that elevate the bent-arm desk lamp into a thing of beauty and unrivaled function.
...so there's no reason you couldn't try one of these at home. If you need a little extra functionality on your desktop, or just an eye-catching and unique light fixture, try one of these projects on for size. Click the links below to see more of each project and get some DIY help.
• Red Tertial Chandellier from Ikea Hackers
• Tertial Lamp Chandellier from Ikea Hackers
• Forsa Work Lamp Desktop Microphone Boom from Ikea Hackers
• Tertial Work Lamp Webcam Jig from The New Hobbyist
• Dear-Ingo Inspired Tertial Chandellier from Ikea Hackers
• Flexible Computer Speaker Tertial Mounts from Ikea Hackers
• Three-Armed Tertial Chandellier from Apartment Therapy
• Suction Cup Tertial iPhone Camera Mount from Make Projects
• Flexible Arm Desktop iPhone Dock from Ikea Hackers
• Antiphoni Lamp Microphone Stand from Ikea Hackers
(Images: As linked above)